Sunday, April 15, 2012
Paprika Shrimp with Walnuts
My friend Laura came over for dinner last night and I made this shrimp dish served over whole wheat pasta and accompanied with a broccoli salad on the side ( I will have to post that recipe some other time). If you are looking for a quick easy shrimp dish that's a little bit different, I recommend trying this recipe. It could also be served over rice. Recipe adapted from Power Foods.
The original recipe called for turnips, but I hate turnips so I omitted. Apparently they were the 'Power food' in the recipe, adding fiber, potassium, calcium and vitamin D, so if you do like them, definitely add them in.
- 1-2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 1/3 teaspoon paprika
- 3 Tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 20 large shrimp
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons sake or Mirin (rice wine)
salt and ground pepper
-Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and paprika and cook 30 seconds, and then add in walnuts (watch carefully not to burn) and saute 2-3 minutes
- Add shrimp. Stir in vinegar sake and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook until heated through, about 2 minutes