And the vegetarian cooking continues!! my mom actually made this recipe and it was delicious. It is a nice meal salad. The recipe is based on a recipe from a vegetarian cookbook J and I got from the library - At Home-Vegetarian Cookbook, from the culinary institute of America. Apparently it was easy to make and didn't take look.
Doesn't it look nice and colorful with the purple cauliflower?
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
salt and freshly ground pepper as needed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsps white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
salt and ground pepper
we had some mustard dressing already made up, so just used that.
Rice and Beans:
1 1/2 cups cooked navy beans
3 cups cooked brown rice
1 medium tomato
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
2 stalks celery
1 bunch green onion, minced
- 2 tbsp parsley
-Preheat oven to 425
- Toss cauliflower with oil to coat, season with salt and pepper and toss more. spread on a baking sheet and roast 10-15 min
- mix ingredients for vinaigrette
- in a bowl combine rice, beans, tomatoes, red peppers, celery, green onion and parsley. Add cauliflower, and dressing.