I made these last week and haven't had a chance to post them yet. They are also from the Looney Spoons Collection cookbook. They are really moist, without being greasy. There is a secret ingredient..
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pureed canned peaches
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour (or 1/4 cup whole wheat flour and 1/4 cup wheat germ)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F. line a muffin tin
- Pour milk over oats in medium bowl. Stir and let stand for 20 minutes. Stir in pureed peaches, egg, butter and vanilla.
- In another bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Add oat mixture and stir until dry ingredients are moist. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter into muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes or until pick comes out clean.
I use a scoop to put the batter into the cups and find it helps a lot. It looks like a smaller ice-cream scoop and can be bought at most kitchen stored.