I guess one could say.. mocha banana?
I go back and forth on smoothies. I love drinking them in the summer, often post-running or yoga but in the winter I find myself craving something warm- usually oatmeal or eggs. However, with the unusually warm weather and the smoothie-kick that has been going around at work, I couldn't help try this one out when I saw it in this month's Bon Apetit magazine.
It saved me some time this morning as I didn't need to have a coffee and breakfast..instead just one super filling smoothie that included my caffeine fix.
Be sure to soak cashews (1/4 cup) and oats (3 Tablespoons) in boiling water the night before, and you are good to go.
- 1/4 cup cashews (soaked overnight)
- 3 Tablespoons (large) oats (soaked overnight)
- 2 medjol dates
- 1 frozen banana << Is it just me, why do my frozen bananas always turn to brown mush? I had to throw out so many yesterday..
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder (if possible a high quality cocoa- mine is from Vienna, but a good one you can get here is Fry's)
- 1/2 cup coffee - cold ( I just put mine in the freezer for a few minutes. You can also add some ice to cool it down)
Blend all ingredients, enjoy!