|Thai Chicken Wraps, Salad and Mango Juice|
There was also a dessert (not pictured), but I was too full to eat it.
This meal was so yummy, I may have asked S to marry me after. I definitely got down on one knee. I am not sure what happened after that as I was a bit delirious, overtaken with love and acting kind of goofy. It occurs to me that If I did propose, I never got an answer! Hmm.. Anyway, yes these are THAT GOOD!
S actually wanted to make some wraps for a potluck with his friends and so this was a bit of a trial run. He added a sauce to them the second time around and they were even better. I'm happy to be the test kitchen anytime ;)
I'm hoping to share some of S's recipes because they are so yummy!
- fresh cilantro
- 4 tablespoons curry paste
- fresh chillies
- 1 tsp lime zest
- juice from 2 limes
skinless boneless chicken thighs cut into thin strips
Rest of wraps
- white wraps
- julienne carrots
- sweet potato noodles
- romaine lettuce
- green onion finely chopped
- peanuts, toasted and crushed
- homemade peanut sauce (peanut butter, oyster sauce, crushed nuts, salt and pepper to taste) or bought peanut satay sauce
- marinate chicken 4h up to overnight
- cook chicken in skillet on medium high until cooked through
- put aside chicken to cool
- cook sweet potato noodles until al dente
- prepare other ingredients
- make peanut sauce
- do a mise-en-place, put wrap, thin later of peanut sauce, add carrots, cucumbers noodles, peanuts, green onions, chicken and wrap! for the extra fancy sealing of the wrap without a tooth pick, grill closure in skillet to cook it shut.
enjoy fresh. beer pairing: tiger beer