I have since gotten, Cooking Light, Real Simple and Bon Appetit in the mail.. I'm swimming in delicious recipes. Hopefully I will have time to try some of them out. I love magazine subscriptions..it really is a gift that just keeps on giving.
-1 cup brown basmati rice
- 2 tsp olive oil
-1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
-pinch sea salt and ground pepper
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 leek, white and light green parts only sliced
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 4 cups chicken broth (preferably low sodium)
- 2 apples cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup low far coconut milk
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Sriracha hot sauce, to taste
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, for garnish
-prepare rice according to package, remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes. fluff with a fork
-in large pot, heat oil on medium high, season chicken with salt and pepper and add to pot, stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes (I had to cook mine longer as it was still pink) until edges are golden brown
-remove chicken and add garlic, onion, leek, carrots, and ginger. saute for 3 minutes. Add curry powder and cook stirring constantly for 2 more minutes
- return chicken to pot. add both. bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium low, simmering for 30 minutes
- remove from heat and add apples, coconut milk and lemon juice. season with additional salt and pepper, Sriaracha sauce if desired.
- spoon rice into bowls, top with soup and cilantro.