Saturday, May 19, 2012
Cinnamon Sugar Pull Apart Muffins
I'm sorry I haven't posted any recipes in a while. I have been completely caught up in running, being tired from running, and work events to be trying a lot of new recipes. My marathon is in 1 week from tomorrow and I'm excited and nervous for it!!
I found this recipe on pinterest (through cookeatshare.com) a while back and went out and bought some pillsbury dough ( if you are like Martha Stewart, you can make your own). I kept putting it off until I was nearing the expiry date on the dough so decided that yesterday was as good a time as any to make it. When you first read the recipe it seems a bit complicated but it's a lot easier then it looks.
- pillsbury dough- either french bread or biscuit
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp nutmeg
-Preheat oven to 350
-Melt butter on the stove, over medium low heat until browned (about 5 minutes or until you smell a nutty flavour)
-mix sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl
- cut dough into thin slices (about 32) and then spread each piece out on a cutting board or baking sheet. press down to flatten. Brush each piece with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
- stack dough into piles of of 5 or 6 pieces and then cut each pile down the center
-place 2 of the sliced half stacks side by side in a (greased or silicone) muffin tin, cut side down. repeat with all the stacks
- bake for 20-25 minutes until tops are golden brown (be sure to place muffin tin on top of a baking sheet in case the butter/sugar bubble over)
- sprinkle with lemon juice if desired!