This past weekend I visited C and S in St Cats and we ate so much delicious food. Bbq steaks, corn, veggies, fresh fettuccini alfredo, gourmet sandwiches, yummy brunches, ice cream, cheeses.. It was all so delicious.
Saturday night C and I wanted to make dinner for S. We had thought of making a pie for dessert, but after our full day of swimming, outlet shopping, wine sampling, touring and eating, we were pretty tired out. C suggested this quick and easy dessert from real Simple instead. She happened to have the perfect glass cups to serve it in. With the fresh peaches we had bought, it turned out delicious.
- 2 peaches, cut into 2 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- strawberries ( we added these. really any berry or fruit would be good)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, raspberries, strawberries, sugar, and lemon juice and let sit, tossing once, for 20 minutes.
- Scoop the ice cream into bowls or glasses and top with the fruit mixture.