Saturday, October 27, 2012
Well these are the first waffles i made with my (still relatively) new waffle maker that I bought in water-loo new york visiting Rachel. I've made the mixes but I find ones from scratch are better. I came across this recipe on food.com and modified it slightly. Any recipe where the eggs are separated and I have a good feeling. Fluffy egg whites folded in..always gives a light and fluffy feel to the waffles. A friend dropped in this morning, so I whipped these up.. perfect for a rainy Saturday brunch or breakfast in bed.
I had been hoping to share a cake recipe on here that I made for my dads birthday but it didn't turn out too great. Quite dry. My dad appreciated the effort, and said it "grows on you" but that kind of a reaction is not good enough for sharing on this blog!!
These waffles on the other hand were devoured.. served with some leftover whipped cream, strawberries and maple syrup.
1 1/3 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
2 eggs, separated
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 3/4 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
2. Separate the eggs, adding the yolks to the dry ingredient mixture, and placing the whites in a small mixing bowl.
3. Beat whites until moderately stiff; set aside.
4. Add milk and melted butter to dry ingredient mixture and blend.
5. Fold stiff egg whites into mixture.
6. Ladle mixture into hot waffle iron and