After a few heavier meals on the weekend I was in the mood for something light. I love ordering a nice goat cheese salad at restaurants and it seemed easy enough to make it myself. I inspired myself from a recipe from Martha Stewart's Great Food Fast cookbook. For the salad part, feel free to use whatever you want, lettuce, potatoes tomatoes etc, and then top with the broiled goat cheese. This recipe is also healthier then most restaurants because the cheese is not fried. It turned out delicious, and would be a nice light summer meal or appetizer to serve to dinner guests!
- goat cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- olive oil
- Whatever you want for the base salad
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
salt and pepper
That is the recipe for the salad dressing I sued but feel free to use your dressing of choice.
- Put broiler on high
- Cut goat cheese into about 8 rounds
- Dip each one first in the egg then in the bread crumbs (I did each one twice-eggs, bread crumbs-egg bread crumbs- so the breading would be extra thick)
- place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- brush each one with olive oil
- broil for 5 minutes
serve on top of your salad!
Also you can prepare them up to 2 days in advance, just brush with oil right before you broil.