|Fresh from the oven|
|I couldn't wait to try it|
|Rainy Saturdays are perfect days for baking|
I haven't made donuts since I made these chocolate glazed ones a while back. For those of you who follow me on pinterest I have a whole board dedicated to donuts and they all look so good! This recipe was inspired by Eat Drink Love and modified.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon; 1/2 tsp. nutmeg; 1/2 tsp. allspice; 1/8 tsp. ground cloves or 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup milk
Cinnamon Sugar coating
- 1-2 T butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
I love cinnamon sugar, I used to always eat it on pancakes or French toast. Add lemon..delicious!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. If your donut pan isn't non-stick make sure to grease with butter (I hate non-stick spray but that is just my personal preference. If you like it feel free to use it)
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves.
- In a separate, larger bowl, stir together oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin and milk until smooth. Add dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients and mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Put the batter into a ziplock bag or a piping bag. Then pipe the batter into each cavity of the pan. Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool about 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- If you want to do a cinnamon sugar coating, melt the butter. In a separate bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon. Dip each donut into the butter until completely coated and then dip into the cinnamon and sugar. Repeat with each doughnut.
Delicious baking project for a rainy fall day.. enjoy!!!