There are many different varieties of these potatoes, including ones with red, gold or blue skins. I decided to try out "Something Blue" fresh creamer potatoes with a blue skin, originally bred in Chile.
There are so many yummy potato dishes that could be made with these potatoes. I was thinking of scalloped potatoes, potato hash, potato chips,.. but decided to keep things simple and make a quick, easy and flavourful potato salad. I LOVE the Austrian potato salad, but the potatoes in Canada are not usually as good, so I was keen to see how it would turn out. For me, this is the ultimate test and they fared well! I love that it came together in 20 minutes and required little effort, perfect after a long day at the office. I whipped up a side salad and cooked a hot dog, and voila diner est servi!
|Doesn't it look pretty?- The blue brightens up the whole plate!|
- Little Potato Creamer Potatoes- here I used Something Blue- half a bag
- 1-2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil- normal or chill flavoured
- 2 teaspoon vinegar of your choice- red wine works great or white balsamic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Fresh herbs: rosemary, dill and parsley
- Boil potatoes for 15 minutes
- Drain potatoes in a colander and cut in half
- Combine ingredients for dressing and pour over potatoes.
- Add fresh herbs
- Mix well
It can be enjoyed warm or cold.