Tuesday, September 03, 2013
I am always looking for new dinner ideas. D came for dinner on Friday and I made a variation of turkey scalopini with this peach salsa. Peaches are in season right now and I had delicious local ones that I brought back from my trip to visit C and S. I also brought some over to my parents the next day and we had some with crackers which was also good. My mom liked it so much she made some for their dinner gusts the next night.
I originally found found my inspiration on southernfood.com and modified the recipe.
- 2 larges peaches
- 1/4 cup lime juice (less if using 'real lime')
- 2 teaspoons honey or agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons roasted red pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced jalepeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons fine chopped red onion
-1 heaping tablespoon cilantro
Mix everything together in a bowl and chill until ready to serve.