I got the recipe inspiration from Fida over the Sweet and Savoury pursuits. I met Fida last year at the food photography course at SPAO and her recipes are really great. her photography and setups are beautiful! I am looking forward to getting together with my photo buddies in a few weeks to get some motivation: time to dust off my camera and get back in the kitchen!
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Wash and trim the tough ends of the asparagus. Drizzle with about ½ tsp. of olive oil and sprinkle with a bit of salt and freshly ground pepper. Spread on the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
3. Prep tomatoes (wash and cut)
4. Zest enough of a lemon to get about ½ tsp. of zest
5. Take the trout fillet and pat it dry with paper towels.
6. Drizzle with 1 tsp. of olive oil and sprinkle fish with salt, pepper, lemon zest and any herbs or seasonings gently rub the seasonings on the flesh of the fish.
7. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, stir the asparagus and push them to the sides, place the fish in the middle and the tomatoes and around the fish. Top the fish with the lemon slices.
Return the baking sheet to the oven and cook for another 10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Serve. and enjoy!