Monday, August 29, 2016
Chicken a la King
Okay, so here is the recipe for chicken a la King that Carolyn and I made when I was visiting St Catharines. I've never tried to make anything like it before. It seems complicated but is quite easy. It was so good! The recipe was made easier with pre-made shells.
-puff pastry shells-
- peas (frozen)
-milk or cream
- salt and pepper
- Broil chicken in some herbed water ( bouquet garni= 3 or 4 sprigs parsley, bay leaf, 2 sprigs thyme, 1 leak)
- make the roux sauce- with butter, flour and milk- whisk so it doesn't clump
- bake puff pastry shells
- Bake the shells and then remove the tops and bake for a few more minutes
- add peas, caorrts and shredded cooked chicken to the sauce, cook a few more minutes until it's all hot.
- serve sauce over shells and enjoy!