Friday, April 19, 2013
Butternut Squash Soup
So I found boxes of pre-cut butternut squash yesterday and I thought "why not make butternut squash soup?" I'm generally pretty lazy to cut up a butternut squash (those things are darn hard to cut up, disagree?). Since I'm buying pre-cut butternut squash, it's pretty straightforward.
What you need is:
- about 2 boxes of pre-cut butternut squash, which is equivalent to about 2 butternut squashes.
- chicken broth (approx 1 cup)
- about 3 cloves garlic
- about 1 inch ginger
- 2 shallots
- fry the garlic, ginger, and shallots until cooked
- add to chicken broth and butternut squash
- boil and reduce to medium, boil until squash is soft (I found liquid eventually evaporated a bit so I had to add some more)
- once the squash is soft, transfer it to a blender to puree
- reheat if necessary